Friday, January 15, 2010

Miguel Angel Huesca Mariscal

Miguel Angel Huesca Mariscal

The passion of art and culture brought us to know each other. Our friendship simply started from a nice chat and turn to be a coffee and a drink. During daytime we checked every bookstore in our sight to find history and art book. He always suggested that I read this book and that book. He had a wide and wild interested in Thai culture more than anyone would know. He got every good book about Thailand and eager to get more. Knowing him made me want to study more about my country.

Swapping newspapers during lunch instead of breakfast is one thing I always remember about him. We never made appointment in the early morning because the night before we always go out to drink till almost early in the morning. Then noon or 1pm always the time for us to meet for coffee and breakfast (that is what we called). We would go through the newspaper that we put between us. And he would read newspaper in every section except business section and keep comic section for the last. It was like having desert after the main course.

And after reading the newspaper, we would follow it with the discussion and the various topics would be all over the lunch table from political to world event. Talking with him required me to read a lot and know a lot about everything. Because when he ask you something when you answer him you or discuss with him is required to have a full data and analysis. Otherwise you can’t debate with him. He always was talkative and opening himself to the whole world as an open non-fiction book. But sometime he turned to be unbelievable quiet guy and just sitting there looking out with non-focusing, he can turn to be a book that been locked in the shelf also.

I praised him for being very smart and intellectual guy. Besides the interest in Art and Culture that we shared. I think we both have the same character, Prideful and full of shit. And you may wonder why and here is the best example.

“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech that you will ever regret”

Laurence J.Peter said that and I think both of Miguel and I realized that was so true. To cut the story short , we had and argument and yelled at each other on the trip to Ayutthaya in 2008. And it supposed to be alright only if one of u just say the word “I am sorry” right away at that time. I would not go on detail but I can tell you that I am not proud of what happen. It jeopardized my friendship between me and him for awhile. Until one day that I send email by mistake to him and one day that he called me when he drunk. We knew from our conversation that even doesn’t have any word “I am sorry” slipped out from out mouth but we feel sorry of what we had done. We just move on over it and looking to meet sometime when he comes here for study Thai language in Sept 2009.

Knowing he was supposed to be here already in September made me tried to send email to him in 14 Oct 2009 to welcome him back to Bangkok and hope to meet him for coffee again sometime. But that all was my idea without knowing that at that time he was suffering from cancer and he passes away on 24 Oct 2009.

And without knowing this he was gone I decided to send email to him once again on November after I dreamed of him one night. That was the night that I should have known that he came to say good bye to me.
And this is the part of the email that I sent to him ....

“Something about Spain reminded me that last night I had a dream about you.
Which was not that good dream at all. I dreamed that you were in Thailand and you had pain in your tummy and you didn’t want to go to see doctor.

You were stubborn like usual until you got so sick and had to go to hospital.
Well I hope you were not be like that in real life and I don't know why I had a dream like that.

Anyways how is your life? hope thing is going well with you.
I don't even sure that where are you now.
Take care,
PJ “


There was no chance for us for officially apologize about what happen between us. I know what he would say if we pick up that topic while he is smoking. (Don’t know why but we always have a serious talk about life when he was smoking.) Imagine that he would smoke and just say “Don’t worry about that, man, your apologize accepted” and would come with a little bit smile on his face then he would squeeze his cigarette and turn to me and he would just say with slightly spanish accent “Me too” knowing that I would forgive him also for sure and our friendship is still remain and never broke then we both burst out the laughing and with smile. After that we would just go to get some beer and cheers for our friendship again.

Good bye Miguel...My friend. You will be in my heart and I will not forget you. May you requiescat in pace my friend Miguel Angel Huesca Mariscal ... until we meet again.

Pijit

1 comment:

Royal Services..We make GREAT first impressions said...

This is from the heart PJ...and that is why you're as a special friend as you are. Thank you for sharing